Darent Valley Hospital
Darenth Wood Road
The nearest train station is Dartford. All the buses services listed stop at either the station or Holmes Garden - just a short walk from the station. Taxis are available from Dartford Train Station and for return jouneys payphones in the hospital foyer have a button that links free to a local taxi firm. Greenhithe station is nearby and a Fastrack bus service is available. For further rail information contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 or visit their website at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk.
The buses that stop in the hospital grounds are as follows:
- Fastrack ‘B’, running from Temple Hill to Gravesend - for more details (including bus times).
- 22 from East Hill to Gravesend. For times visit 422 bus route (Thursdays only)
- 423, running from Swanley to New Ash Green, via Dartford; For information and bus times visit 423.
- 428, running from Erith to Bluewater, via Dartford; For times visit 428.
- 429, running from Swanley to Bluewater, via Joyden's Wood, Keyton Cross, Wilmington and Dartford (NB The 429 only stops at the hospital on Sundays. This service is operated by Go-Coach - see www.go-coach.co.uk)
- 433, running from New Ash Green to Bluewater; For information and bus times visit 433 timetable.
- 477, running from Orpington to Bluewater via Swanley and Dartford; For information and bus times, visit 477.
- 228, running from Tonbridge Station to Bluewater via Shipbourne, Ightham, Borough Green, Wrotham, West Kingsdown, Farningham, Sutton at Hone, and Darenth (N.B. The 228 only operates on Tuesdays in school term time. This service is operated by Red Route Buses Ltd – see www.redroutebuses.co.uk).
From the M25 northbound you must exit at junction 2 (Darenth Interchange) and follow the signs to Dartford, take the A225 (Princes Road) towards Gravesend (Bluewater/Bean). There is no exit from the M25 at junction 1b unless travelling southbound. Go straight over the roundabout onto B2200 (Watling Street) signposted Bluewater/Bean. At the next roundabout take the third exit onto Darenth Wood Road. On site car parking and disabled parking is available. You can plan the best route for you using the AA route planner.
Darent Valley Hospital has four on-site car parks for the public, however spaces are limited and car parking fees apply. Drop off areas are available at the front of the hospital if someone is able to bring you in.
Car parking fees:
- Blue badges per visit: £1.00
- 0-1 hour: £1.00
- 1-2 hours: £2.00
- 2 -3 hours: £3.00
- 3-4 hours: £4.00
- 4-24 hours: £5.00
- Weekly: £20.00
Disabled drivers with valid blue badges may park for £1 per visit at the hospital. There is one disabled public car park (car park 2) which has spaces for designated disabled users only. If you park in car parks 1, 3 or 4 and are a disabled badge holder we advise that you leave your time clocks displayed and take your picture badge with you (as well as the parking ticket).