Preparing for your visit
Check the location of your appointment on your appointment letter. Moorfields runs services in several different locations, so it’s important you come to the right place. Details of all our locations are available by clicking on the ‘our locations’ link at the top right of this page. This section also contains a journey planner and details of any parking restrictions or charges.
The tests we complete at most eye appointments mean that you are very unlikely to be able to drive yourself home. If you plan to travel by car, you will need to arrange for someone to pick you up after your appointment.
Patient transport is available for some patients who meet certain criteria. Further information is available on the ‘support and advice’ pages of this section – click on the link to the left of the page.
Booking an interpreter
If you require interpreting services, please contact the service where you are being treated as soon as possible after you receive details of your appointment so that we can make the necessary arrangements. A contact number for each service is available in the 'our services' section of this website, and should also be included in your appointment letter Further information about interpreters is available on the ‘support and advice’ pages of this section – click on the link to the left of the page.
What to bring with you
We suggest that you bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Your appointment letter or appointment card
- Medicines or eye drops in correctly labelled containers or a letter from your GP listing all your medication
- Glasses and contact lenses, including any cases, storage containers and solutions
- Sunglasses - some patients find these useful after they have had drops put in their eyes
Questions you might want to ask
Before you visit us, you might find it useful to think about some questions that you’d like to ask at your appointment, such as:
- Can I check that I understand what you said?
- Are there any other ways to treat my condition?
- Are there any risks or side-effects involved?
- What happens next? Do I come back and see you?
- Is there anything that I can do to help myself?