Deferring non-urgent treatments
In response to the current coronavirus situation, we are deferring all non-urgent treatment and rescheduling all urgent treatment from. This is being done on the basis of clinical need; our doctors and nurses are reviewing each person’s requirements individually. Some appointments are being postponed, others may be switched to phone or video consultation.
We are doing this to minimise the number of people having to travel to a clinic, as well as ensuring we are using NHS staff and resources wisely.
If your appointment is affected by this, we will contact you to advise you. We understand this may be of concern to you. We want to reassure you that, if your appointment does get cancelled, it is because the risk to your eye health is considered low and we will be in touch with you in the future to update you on your care.
For emergency eye care, you can speak to a Moorfields clinician through our online A&E service, Monday to Friday between 09:00am and 5:30pm. These video consultations will allow us to assess your condition and provide advice on whether or not you need to come into our A&E department for further checks. More information can be found on Emergency care page.
We will also continue to provide urgent care at the following sites:
- City Road
- Darent Valley
- Northwick Park
- St George’s
Medicine for patients
Moorfields pharmacy department has launched a new patient medicines helpline service.
Patients can call 0207 566 2361, Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm (except bank holidays) for advice and guidance on their medication. The helpline is managed by pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and trained healthcare staff and is available to all Moorfields patients across UK sites.
Self care during Coronavirus
To support patients in between appointments, we will be publishing a number of frequently asked questions and tips on how to manage your eye care at home. We will be adding to this page in the coming weeks. Use the link below 'My eye care and coronavirus' to access this information.
Temporary site/clinic closures
Please note, as of March 30, the following Moorfields sites and clinics will be temporarily closed to allow for NHS staff and resources to be reallocated:
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at The Nelson Health Centre
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Balham Health Centre
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Brocklebank Health Centre
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Tooting Bec Medical Centre
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Parkway Health Centre
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Sanderstead Health Centre
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Mile End
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Barking Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at St Ann’s Hospital
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health & Wellbeing Centre
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Potters Bar Community Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Queen Mary’s Hospital
Keep up-to-date with Moorfields news