020 7253 3411
Area(s) of specialism / subspecialism:
- Refractive cataract surgery, laser cataract surgery, cataract surgery training.
- Laser refractive surgery, therapeutic refractive surgery including the treatment of recurrent corneal erosion syndrome.
- Collagen corneal crosslinking and photo therapeutic excimer keratectomy for keratoconus
- ICL implantation.
- Emergency ophthalmology
Year of first medical qualification:
Further key experience:
- Fellowships in glaucoma, cataract, cornea and refractive surgery
Date joined Moorfields:
Membership of professional /national/regional bodies:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- ESCRS (European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons) member
- ASCRS (American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons) member
- ARVO (Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology) member
- Invited ESCRS committee member
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists Examiner for CertLRS examination
Current NHS/university posts, whether full/part time, and starting year:
- Full-time consultant ophthalmic surgeon in cornea, cataract, refractive and emergency ophthalmology at Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- UCL honorary clinical associate professor. University College London. 2020
Other professional achievements:
- Regular presentations at international research meetings, over 70 peer reviewed publications in international medical journals,
- Cataract, laser cataract surgery, refractive surgery, therapeutic refractive surgery, recurrent corneal erosion
Any other personal interests/background information that may be relevant:
- Further information is available at: www.alexday.co.uk
Private practice details