Moorfields' Stars of 2019
Nominations for Moorfields’ Stars of 2019 are now closed.
We are pleased to announce that following a month of intense judging, the shortlisted finalists for Moorfields’ Stars of 2019 have been selected.
Moorfields’ Stars is going from strength to strength, with some fabulous people being recognised and over 400 nominations received.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate and thank you to those of you that were involved in the judging panels. A special mention also goes to Moorfields Eye Charity for its ongoing support for this event.
Congratulations and good luck to all of our finalists listed below.
Moorfields’ star of the year
- Hussain Khambati - principal/lead optometrist
- Pei-Fen Lin - consultant ophthalmologist
- Will Tucker - consultant ophthalmologist
- Yvonne Kane, outpatient coordinator
Moorfields’ team of the year
- Accident and emergency team
- Ealing outpatient team
- Mile End MDT theatre team
Moorfields’ volunteer of the year
- Basil Bramble
- Pamela Bell
Moorfields’ leadership award
- Kerry Tinkler - clinical director for support services
- Nicola Dunlop - nurse consultant adnexal service
- Ranjita Sen - head of performance and information
Moorfields’ unsung hero award
- Jaber Hussain - recruitment assistant
- Kirsten Addison - play specialist
- Rory Coughlin - pharmacy technician
Moorfields Eye Charity award for innovation and improvement
- Artificial Intelligence research group
- Oriel consultation team & Peter Thomas, consultant paediatric ophthalmologist and director of digital innovation
- Shilpa Kotecha - eLearning developer
Moorfields Eye Charity champion
- Angela Smith, chief executive officer, and Natalia Tomashpolskaya, business and volunteer services manager, Friends of Moorfields
- Christine Real - lead nurse/matron
- Performance and information team
The patient choice award – individual
- Althea Tomlin - outpatient clinic coordinator
- Panayiotis Panayiotou - research manager
- Tarun Sharma - AMD
The patient choice award – team
- Croydon orthoptics paediatric team
- Northwick Park injection team
- Sir Ludwig Guttmann team
Find out what happened at Moorfields’ Stars of 2018.
Please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7566 2628 if you have any questions or require further information.