Hospitals, local authorities, GPs, commissioners and mental health trusts across north central London (NCL) have all come together to transform the care we deliver to our patients.
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is part of the north central London area, which includes the five boroughs of Camden, Islington, Haringey, Barnet and Enfield. We have been working with the other local health and social care organisations in these boroughs to develop plans for how services should look over the next five years to best serve the nearly 1.5 million people who live in the area.
A draft NCL sustainability and transformation plan (STP), which sets out plans for the future of health and social care, was published last year and is currently a work in progress as we engage with our patients, the public, our staff and other stakeholders in order to develop our ideas further.
Part of the STP focuses on digital services. A digital roadmap has been developed enabling the 22 partner organisations within the NCL landscape and the north east London commissioning support unit* to come together to agree how we can implement digital services to manage the health and wellbeing of the NCL population and move from paper-based to digitally enabled care processes within our health and care organisations. Five digital themes underpin our vision and ambition:
- Digitally activated population: We will provide our citizens with access to their personal health and care information and equip them with tools which enable them to actively manage their own health and wellbeing.
- Connected care: We will create and share care records and plans that can be shared across health and care systems seamlessly to enable integrated care delivery across organisations.
- Insights driven health system: We will identify patients at risk of illness, monitor the effectiveness of interventions on patients with established disease and deliver whole systems intelligence so the needs of our entire population can be predicted and met.
- Digitally enabled workforce: We will enable our care professionals to work and communicate effectively, anywhere at any time.
- Sustainable care: We will improve efficiency and reduce costs by working together to deliver digital services where this benefits our population.
*Commissioning support units provide a wide range of commissioning support services that enable clinical commissioners to focus their clinical expertise and leadership in securing the best outcomes for patients and driving up quality of NHS patient services. Visit the NHS England website for more information on commissioning support units and how commissioning works in the NHS.
Was this information useful? Please rate the page.