If you choose to be treated at Moorfields, we will send you a letter confirming the date, time and location of your appointment with us. Please read this letter carefully to make sure you have understood all the details. It is especially important to note the location of your appointment – Moorfields provides care in several locations in and around London and, wherever possible, we will try to ensure that you are treated close to where you live.
Cancelling or changing your appointment
Or by calling us as follows:
- If this is your first appointment at Moorfields, please call the booking centre on 020 7566 2357
- If you are already a patient and want to change a follow-up appointment, please contact the service where you are being treated - you will find contact details either on your appointment letter or in the 'our services' section of this website
To help us deal with your request as quickly as possible, please provide the following information when making your cancellation or change request:
- Your full name
- Your NHS number or date of birth
- A contact telephone number or email address
- The date and time of your original appointment
If you cannot attend and do not notify us in advance, you might not be automatically issued with a new appointment and could have to return to your GP to make a new appointment with us. Please see our patient access, booking and choice policy for more information.
Cancellations by us
We try to keep every appointment we make, but medical emergencies and unforeseen circumstances mean that we sometimes have to cancel appointments. If this happens, we will arrange a new appointment for you as quickly as possible. Please not that we are unable to reimburse you for any costs incurred as a result of a cancellation.
Text message reminders
Patients who have provided the booking centre with a mobile phone number will receive a text reminder of their appointment. Please help us by letting the booking centre or a member of clinic staff know if you change your mobile phone number.